CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lesson #3: When Travelling by Bus, Switch Off Your Handphones!

I think the title said it all. If I said you have to switch off your handphone, just do it if you don't want to be left traumatized later. No compromise!!

I heard about the stories of people get mugged when they travel by bus all the time. Sometimes, this happened to my seniors and sometimes it even involved my good friends. I saw people cried after their things were gone; robbed by the tak berhati perut thieves, or even if they managed to escape from being a victim, they just cried because of the traumatized incident. I never thought that I'll experience the event myself; being at the crime scene and watching the struggling with my very own eyes. Thank God it wasn't me. But still, it affects me, since the victim is Yet.

It happened so fast. And sadly, no one have the guts to help us. NO ONE. Every single passenger in the bus ignored us and pretended that nothing was going on. They didn't even bother to at least scream. Kejam gila.

It's like the worst nightmare ever. Yet was screaming and struggling her every breath to free herself from being surrounded by the thieves. There were 2 of them, standing at the front bus door, one of them was holding Yet's leg, while the other was trying to snatch her sling bag and blocking her way so that she can't move. I was standing right behind her, yelling to both thieves. I don't know why they didn't even touched me. Logically, I was more prone to be robbed since I was the one with the handbag while Yet's sling bag was tightly sticked to her body. I guess they didn't smart enough to figure that out. They wanted Yet's bag since they saw Yet putting her handphone back into her sling bag after replying some SMSes earlier.

So back to the story. I was yelling "Hoi hoi" at the thieves when a man came from behind and quickly stood in front of me. I was thinking that finally there's someone brave enough to rescue us, when actually the man was also one of the gang and he stood in front of me to further block Yet. Poor her. After a traumatized struggle for freedom, finally she managed to get out of the bus. When I saw her on the road, I jumped myself out before anything bad happen. She cried. And I was cursing the thieves all along. Actually we were both cursing the bus and the people in it. Babi punya orang!

It was a hell of an experience. Both of us learned something from it: Never ever show your handphone when you are in the bus. It is better if you just switch it off along the journey. But it even better if you travel by cab rather than bus, especially when there's no man accompany you. Bottom line, try to avoid from traveling alone by yourself or at least bring a male friend with you.

Thank God we both safe. Thank God they didn't managed to get anything. Padan muka.

5 comments:

lunabella said...

kerp, i was shocked bile baca ur entry..gile if i were yet,mesti cuak gile babi!! teruk gile eh keadaan kt situ..gosh, i hope malaysia will not be like that.u guys must be extra carefull bile g holiday nnt tau..
have a great holiday n kem salam kat erie:)

ps/:thankfully japan is so safe, hardly no rompakan2 tepi jalan..

owh,btw this is cik bal.I`ve been ur silent reader all these time:P

akma nurain fairuz said...

tepi2 jalan tu tak yah nak ckp la..memang slalu..ni kat dalam bus.horror.selama ni naik bus x penah kene pun mcm ni.

pakcik bus nmpk je sumenye..right behind him je..but die wt dek je.as if the thieves akan bg die 20% kalau berjaya rob yet.

and the pencuri raba2 yet tau.they molested her to distrat her attention.yela..klu die sibuk tepis sana tepis sini,terlupa la nk jaga bag die n senangla diorg nk rompak.poor her.

trauma gila!


p.s.
waa..ramai rupenye org yg bace blog ni..hehehe

erie gedixs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erie gedixs said...

kurang hajar nye org indon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akma nurain fairuz said...

sangat2 KURENG babe!